Friday, November 13, 2009

The Title of my Blog

I am a Scorpio and the title of my blog, sunshine and shadows, refers to my sign. I have visited a few therapists and psychologists over these long years of my life and the most interesting one explained a lot to me about my psychological make-up. He told me as a Scorpio, I could be either a soaring eagle or a lizard who hides in the shadows, venturing now and then into the sunlight, only to scurry back again to the shadows. In my life, I am sure I was an eagle at times, especially necessary in my professional life and my divorce, but could not sustain it. I am indeed a lizard who spends way too much time in the shadows. I am wanting to again venture into the sunlight for more than a short visit.

note: one thing I need to work on in order to stay in the sunlight is....not to keep going back and reworking the previous post. Proves lack of confidence. Enough already. By the way, I am also a Type A personality. Good is never enough for me. I am a perfectionist who is far from perfect. And to top it all off, I am a pessimist, I like to say realist but let's be honest, who is happiest when I am wrong, if you know what I mean. But all too often I am right, which I never really want to be. How messed up is that?

No comments: