Friday, December 4, 2009

Please Don't Let It Snow

Big snow coming. I have to drive 50 miles round trip tonight, leaving at 11:30PM and after picking up Granddaughter, returning home around 12:30AM. It is supposed to start snowing about 1AM. Wellll...I'm telling you, this much I know is true, it will be snowing out, there is no doubt, before this night is through. It seems whenever they make a nasty weather prediction for a certain time, whatever awful stuff is coming, always arrives about 2 hours early. Guess I will just have to deal with it. Not happy about it though. I have a wool blanket, sleeping bag, down jacket, water, and energy bars in the car. I wish I had a heavy bag of kitty litter in the trunk for traction but forgot to buy that. Wish me luck. I might just need it.

Ok, this is the next day and I know I sounded like a wuss but I had never ever driven in snow before and I do live in the mountains, so that adds to the terror. I usually make a point of staying at home during bad weather no matter what I need or where else I need to be.

Of course when it comes to my granddaughter it will be thru hell and high water to get to her no matter what. Glory be and hallelujah, though, it did not snow last night. They said it was going to be snowing pretty heavily today instead.

Well, guess what. I had to drive her back to work this morning in the snow fall. I dropped her off and hightailed it home though I really wanted to go shopping for computer bargains. When I got home, everything cleared up and I am still kicking myself for being such a scardy cat and not going to Best Buy but instead hiding out at home from the big bad storm that wasn't.

No comments: