Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Photos of..........whatever

Don't have time to contemplate life right now, at least in print.  So I will just show some photos of whatever.  Click on each photo to enlarge. 



Our old rented farm house, circa 1920, back in North Carolina.  We lived there for nearly 10 years.  Boy, I miss it.


My backyard in my new old house in Tennessee.  I like the yard.  The house.... not so much.  Another circa 1920 but not much personality. 



  Green, red, orange, yellow peppers plus broccoli, baby portobello mushrooms, red onions, garlic, and chopped celery scrambled in evoo over med. heat and sprinkled with dry sherry.  About to add cooked brown rice and chopped cooked turkey.  Then a few splashes of soy sauce.  Yum!



Refrigerate and remove fat before making gravy or soup with homemade turkey or beef broth.  Yes, there could be this much fat.  Yuk!


My beautiful full tomato plants taken down by the winds, stakes and all.  No going back either.  Heartbreaking.  That was last year.  Hoping for better luck this year. 


My bottomless flower chair on my front porch.  Loved it so much last year.  Not as pretty this year but not summer yet either.  LOL  Time will tell. 




My rather unique fireplace.  It was a coal fireplace, not wood so not usable now except with gas coal or candles.  I chose candles.  The painting is of my late husband.  The hearth is colbalt blue tiles that I installed. 



My foyer after a whole lot of hard labor by myself and many others.  The peonies are from my back yard.  I grew the gourds in my back yard a few years ago.  The painting of the banyon tree is by me.  The plant in the pot is fake but looks very real.  I like my foyer. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your new, old house in Tennessee is great. We have had many great talks ...sister to sister...sisters to RYAN. I loves and cherish the memories we share and mske together. I love you Sis.